In 1740 the town was captured by Prussia and subsequently annexed in 1742.


In 1740 the town was captured by Prussia and subsequently annexed in 1742.


In 1804 it suffered a flood.


In 1813 in Chojnów, Napoleon Bonaparte issued instructions regarding the reorganization of the 8th Polish Corps of Prince Józef Poniatowski.


Sewer, Gas lighting a Newspaper and a hospital soon followed as the towns economy improved. The city was not spared in World War II, with 30% of the town being destroyed on February 10, 1945 when Soviet Red Army troops took the abandoned town.

After World War II and the implementation of the Oder-Neisse line in 1945, the town passed to the Republic of Poland.


In 1946 it was renamed Chojnów, a more modern version of the old Polish Hajnów.


The Chojnów is the official newspaper of Chojnów with copy run of 750 copies. ==Education== In Chojnów, there are two kindergartens, two elementary schools and two middle schools. Mary Konopnickiej is the smallest elementary school in Chojnów, and is located in the northern part of the city, close to the train station and founded in 1962. Janusz Korczak is the largest primary school in Chojnów in the southern part of the town. Middle School No.


In śródmiejskim Park, near the Town Hall is the amphitheatre. The local government-run weekly newspaper is Gazeta Chojnowska, which has been published since 1992. It is published biweekly.


The Whole-Poland bike race Masters has been organized yearly in Chojnów for the past few years. Chojnów has a Municipal sports and recreation center formed in 2008 holding various events, festivals, reviews, exhibitions, and competitions.

All text is taken from Wikipedia. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License .

Page generated on 2021-08-05